OK, so you know you want to improve your business. Do you have customers on the focus of your business? Is your customer service work flawlessly? Is your product features the best in the business? Don't be too sure about this before you hear it from your customers!
You don't want them to be tired or frustrated with your feedback question/questions. But you want to know your customers' feelings.
So you have to choose the right & specific question with a clear and best user experience. And definitely, these questions will vary according to the business. We have listed several business types that are at least one of them might be suitable for you.
Customer feedback is one of your company’s greatest sources of information and learning.
Here you go;
- SaaS and software companies (as we are 🥳)
- Blog & News Site
- Educational websites
Ask Fewer Questions
Things that fit for all
- Would you like to add a comment?
- What do you think about us today?
- One best thing about us?
- What is your opinion of this page?
- Did you achieve your goal?
- Where did you hear about us?
- Do you want us to add anything to our website?
- What do you think about today’s deal?
- Was our checkout process easy?
- Do you think our support team deserves a champagne?
- What’s so good about us? Our product, design or usability?
- Could you tell us what is missing?
- Does the tool match the current market standard?
- Is this affordable for you?
- Do you think our tool is easy to use?
For Blogs & News
- How easy was this blog to read?
- How often do you read our posts?
- Do you like the font style we use?
For Educational Websites
- What do you think we should teach you next?
- Was the instructor well organized in the class?
- Did our instructor teach the course material clearly?
Ask question in the right way. Get the true customer feelings. Don't struggle understanding raw data. Ask in real time, this will allow you to get more accurate/organic results.
Avoid feedback forms that direct users to other pages. If you want to have a look, you can create a feedback form with Stria, in a very easy way.
This article was updated on January 13, 2019